i was tempted all weekend to check my work email. i was tempted to even bring my computer home and work through the night. today is NOT the day. i will tumblr instead.
i had a busy weekend. two in a row. unusual for me, for sure. here is a weekend recap of all my favorite things.
- celebrating my birthday. some may say a four-hour solo ride coupled with a rainy, gloomy day would be no way to spend a birthday. i say it is peaceful. relaxing. perfect.
- attending a collegiate football game, four years alum. there is seemingly nothing greater in the world than collegiate pride during a football game. i miss football games. i miss saying “that’s another wolfpack FIRST - DOWN.” i miss the beating sun. i miss the panic when you see a game start slipping away. i miss the overwhelming sense of joy when your team wins.
- repeating outfits. too lazy to plan ahead, i threw a few articles of clothing in a bag. when none of them seem to work very well, outfit number one returned. tweaked. some call it arrogance. i call it confidence.
- unexpected surprises. unsure how the work week would kick off (which it did by locking myself out of my computer), i came to my desk to a bottle of wine, a singing card and a giant cupcake. i have always been amazed by the little things. i will continue to do so until the day i die.
- spending time with friends. sometimes i think i should do more. be more available to my long-distance friends. communicate more. love harder. and i should do all of these things. but, i find myself overwhelmed by my personal life. buried in work. exhausted from activities. allowing distance to become an excuse. yet, when i am around them - i miss them. i love what it feels like to reminisce on the days past, discuss the current events and dream of the future. i thank them all for sticking around despite my sometimes unnoticeable level of commitment to our friendship. my silence doesn’t mean i don’t exist. it just means i need to be reminded again.
this weekend, i got the reminder.
i think i should get away more.